From now until the end of the year, I will be sharing the 12 best legal marketing lessons from this blog, choosing what I think is the most beneficial post from each month in 2014. Each one of them can help you improve your legal marketing in 2015.
From April 2014:
12 Tips to Improve Your Intake Process
Over the past year or so, we’ve been doing a lot of “secret shopping” of law firms, making calls posing as potential clients to see just how they are performing when it comes to client intake. What we’ve found is that this chance to make a great first impression is lost by a majority of the firms we’ve contacted.
In fact, so few firms are making a positive impression on the initial call that there is huge opportunity to set your law firm apart by improving and focusing on your intake process. Here are just a few of the best practices we teach our clients on how to improve the intake process, the true beginning of a solid lead conversion system:
1. Have a dedicated person answer the phone. We’ve been astounded by how many firms answer the phone in a way that left the distinct impression we were annoying them when we called, as if we were taking them away from another priority.
2. Show compassion and empathy. Of the law firms we’ve shopped, only 21% expressed any compassion or sympathy when our staff told them about their situation: “I was in a car accident and I’m having a lot of pain in my neck and lower back!” A simple, “I’m so sorry to hear about that. Are you OK?” can go a long way toward connecting with a potential client.
3. Get the caller’s name and phone number at the beginning of the call in case you get cut off. If you do get cut off unexpectedly, then call them back immediately. Somewhere during the call you should also get their email address or at least permission to text them information after the call.
4. If you send someone to your website, SPELL it out clearly. Many law firm website domain names are hard to spell or understand over a bad cell phone connection. One intake person gave us the wrong website altogether that sent us to a different law firm!
5. Do what you say you are going to do when you say you will do it. Many firms said they would send us information via email or mail – we only received one response.
6. Do not answer the phone with a generic “law firm.” Clearly say the name of your law firm.
7. If you are going to place someone on hold, always ask for his or her permission first.
8. Write out three to five reasons that make your law firm different. Make certain anyone talking with prospects can recite these from memory and knows how to weave them into a call. Everyone, whether they verbalize it or not, wants to know the answer to, “Why should I hire you?”
9. Remember that people buy emotionally and justify logically, so the person on the phone must build an emotional relationship with the caller.
10. Have a dedicated person to return all voice mails the same day.
11. Never make an attorney responsible for following up with leads. Even though they may have the best of intentions other things will take priority. Task a staff person with following up with leads and setting appointments with the attorney.
12. Never quote fees over the phone. The sole purpose of the call is to get qualified leads into your office. You will always have a higher closing ratio if you meet prospects face to face rather than trying to sell them over the phone.
Can all the strategies to create a seven figure law practice get stuffed into one box?
They CAN, if it’s The Rainmaker Institute’s ‘Rainmaker In A Box’, Volume 2!
If you know anything about online marketing and the Internet, you know that nothing stays the same for very long. Things that were effective last year now don’t work at all.
Fortunately, you have Stephen Fairley and The Rainmaker Institute staying on top of the trends and cutting edge strategies for you. We have one aim in mind – to teach you how to use these little known strategies so you can get more and more qualified leads and dominate your marketplace; to help you create the law firm of your dreams.
Cutting edge strategies
Discover how top attorneys are growing their top line revenues, generating leads from social media and the internet, and increasing the quantity and quality of their referrals!
Rainmaker In A Box, Volume 2 includes:
8 Proven Steps for More & Better Referrals
Discover the proven step-by-step system used to double your referrals from current and former clients and how to build a network of strategic referral partners. Top attorneys have used this exact system to double their referrals in 6 months or less!
7 Strategies to Recession Proof Your Law Firm
How is it possible that some attorneys are bucking the trends and having their best years ever? Watch and learn from nationally recognized law firm marketing expert Stephen Fairley as he walks you through the specific strategies top lawyers are using to increase their revenues in this tough economy-and it doesn’t include reducing their fees!
6 Keys to Unlocking the Secrets of Social Media
Do you want to learn how to leverage LinkedIn? Fix Facebook? Tweak Twitter and use YouTube to generate more leads for your law firm? Social media has emerged as the fastest way to build a massive platform of prospects! Stephen Fairley reveals secrets of how attorneys are generating dozens of leads every month from social media.
5 Core Components for Highly Successful Websites & Blogs
Listen as Stephen Fairley interviews nationally recognized personal injury attorney John Bisnar on how his law firm uses search engine optimization and Internet marketing to drive tens of thousands of unique visitors every month to his 30 websites and 10 blogs. Discover proven techniques for converting website visitors into paying clients.
Data DVD: Includes all 4 PowerPoint slides for all 4 presentations. We recommend you print all these off and take notes on them as you experience these information-packed DVDs!