The theme for the ABA Solo & Small Firm Summit in Cincinnati on Sept. 29-Oct.1, 2016, is Be All the Attorney You Can Be and you are sure to get a briefcase full of great tips, with a full slate of nationally recognized speakers sharing the tools and resources solos and small firms need to succeed in today’s competitive legal marketplace.
I am honored to be presenting at the ABA Solo & Small Firm Summit twice on Friday, Sept. 30. At 8:30 a.m., I will be teaming with David Lefton of Barron Peck Bennie & Schlemmer Co. LPA, Cincinnati, to speak on:
Strategies for Building a 7 Figure Law Firm
If you’re like many of the attorneys you have goals, dreams and ambitions, but struggle to break or consistently break the million dollar mark…and every once in a while you wonder if it’s really worth it all. The skills that helped build a good 6-figure practice are not the same skills you will need to build a great 7-figure business. So if you’re tired of beating your head against the wall and you’re ready to take a fresh look at how to break out of the cycle you’re stuck in, then attend to discover:
- What it really takes to build a 7-figure law firm – no hype and no B.S.
- How to position yourself as a recognized expert and attract higher quality clients.
- Three biggest reasons why you’re not getting more referrals and how to overcome these hurdles.
- The two things every Million Dollar Law Firm has in place (you will never achieve 7-figure revenues without both of these).
- Two key metrics you must measure every month if you want to grow your law firm.
At 2 p.m., I will be presenting with Dan Tann of the Law Office of Daniel J. Tann, Philadelphia, on:
5 Strategies to Double Your Referrals
For many attorneys, referrals are the gold standard when it comes to obtaining new clients. However, too many attorneys rely on referrals that may or may not come. A strong referral base is based on cultivating great relationships with referral sources. Many referral sources will only send you referrals if they know you can and will make referrals back to them. In this program, learn proven strategies to increase your referrals.
I hope you’re planning to join more than 200 solo and small firm lawyers for this year’s ABA Solo & Small Firm Summit. If you are, be sure to look me up before or after my presentations!
INC Magazine has called Michael Gerber “The World’s #1 Small Business Guru,” and I recently interviewed him on how attorneys can take their firm to the next level of success.
As the author of a number of books on entrepreneurship, including the best selling Awakening the Entrepreneur Within and The E-Myth Revisited, Michael is arguably the most famous consultant for small companies. He coined the phrase “working on your business versus working in your business,” which has become the mantra for tens of thousands of business owners.
Michael has worked with over 70,000 small business owners over the last 40 years, teaching business owners who possess significant technical skills but few business skills how to transform their companies into world-class organizations.
The time I spent with Michael was transformative for my own business, and I know what he has to teach can transform yours as well. That is why we have created a new FREE audio interview that you can access at Breaking the 7 Figure Barrier: An Explosive Interview with Small Business Guru Michael Gerber.
In this exclusive interview, Michael discusses with me:
- How the E-Myth Principles apply to law firms
- The 4 stages of business and how to move from a job to a practice to a business to an enterprise
- How to compete in an aggressive marketplace like legal
- Why services don’t matter anymore and the power of differentiation
- How to build a law firm that works without you
- Why you must shift the conversations you have with prospects from money to value and how to do this
- Tips to creating a lifestyle law firm
Sign up now to get this free interview and we will send you a link to download the audio interview as well as a PDF transcript.