Here is an advertisement placed by Indiana attorneys Calvin Fletcher and J.A. Breckenridge in the Indianapolis Gazette, which ran in 1822:
Which goes to show that legal marketing can be done incorrectly no matter what the medium – a fact that may have been a bit lost on the author of a recent ABA Journal article with the titillating title, Seduced: For Lawyers, the Appeal of Social Media Is Obvious. It’s Also Dangerous.
Seduced? Dangerous? As in, run for your lives? Puhleeze.
The article does a thoughtful job of pointing up some of the dilemmas attorneys can face when diving into social media. But as I’ve said before, social media should be no more consternation-causing than any other form of legal marketing. There are rules. You follow them. No matter what the medium.
Or, as NYU Law School legal ethics professor Stephen Gillers said in the article, "Many of the rules are at a high-enough level that they can be applied to new technology without revision."
Becoming a Rainmaker Seminar Comes to New Jersey on March 9
The Rainmaker Institute in coordination with the New Jersey State Bar Association and the Hunterdon County Bar Association present Becoming a Rainmaker: Practice Development Strategies for Small and Solo Law Firms on Wednesday, March 9 from 4-6 p.m. at the Historic Court House in Flemington, NJ.
More than 7,000 attorneys from law firms all over the country have experienced powerful results from attending the Becoming A Rainmaker seminar, which been sponsored by more than 24 of the largest state and local bar associations.
Join us to discover:
- The 7 Ways to Find More Clients and How to Pick the Best Ones for Your Firm
- How to Build a Network of over 30 new Referral Sources in the next 6 months
- Change Your Website from just an Online Brochure to a Money-making Machine
- Passive Versus Active Marketing and why you need both
- Creating Client-generating Surveys: When to Use them and How to Leverage them
- Automating Your Marketing System
- How to Ethically Position Yourself as a Specialist in Your Area
- How to Promote Your Firm to 150,000 people for $140
- Avoid the Most Deadly Marketing Mistakes Attorneys make
- Why Advertising Doesn't Work and what to do instead
- Where to Find and How to Create Positive Media Coverage for your firm and your clients
- The #1 Reason why Attorneys Don’t Receive More Referrals and how to overcome it
- Using Visibility Events to Attract Highly Qualified Prospects to Your Firm
Please call 888-816-8935 or click here for registration information.