Key Performance Indicators – KPIs – are quantifiable measurements that help you gauge the progress you are making toward realizing the critical success factors for your law firm to flourish.
Over the last decade, we have helped over 8,000 attorneys market and grow their business. We have studied best practices of business development in some of the fastest growing firms in the nation – and we have identified many of the key characteristics of highly successful law firms.
One of the more consistent ones is that highly successful law firms track specific numbers and key indicators that give them instant insight into how their law firm is performing. Some examples of typical KPIs for law firms can include:
- How much money you need every month to make payroll and keep your doors open
- How many new clients you need to bring in every month to break even
- Your average profit margin per client
- The types of cases that produce the highest profit margin
- The percentage of people who visit your website that end up calling your office
- The percentage of prospects that call your office and then come in for a free consultation
- The percentage of prospects that come in for a free consultation and become clients
KPIs help you determine whether you are on target to achieve your objectives or if you need to retool and refocus your marketing efforts. Your KPIs provide the critical data you need to drive good decision-making.
On Wednesday, March 21, I will present a one-hour webinar at 10 am PT/1 pm ET on Key Performance Indicators: Knowing the Numbers That Run Your Law Firm.
In this fast paced webinar, you will learn:
- How to easily identify the 12 key metrics your law firm needs to track and measure
- How to set up a system to identify these numbers
- The 7 critical systems every law firm must have
- CPL and CPC: the 2 most important numbers every attorney must know in order to succeed
- How to avoid “analysis paralysis” and being overwhelmed by too much data
- Delegating roles and responsibility to your staff
- Using software to track your KPIs
Click here now to register for my one-hour webinar on March 21 on Key Performance Indicators: Knowing the Numbers That Run Your Law Firm.
Feel like you don’t have time for marketing? Let us show you how to make a plan that runs on “autopilot” – one that attracts new and lucrative clients while you focus on your practice.
Learn how easy it can be to create an effective law firm marketing plan that performs by getting our Free Guide: 5 Easy Steps to Create Your Law Firm Marketing Plan.
After working with many ultra-successful lawyers we found five common threads in their marketing plans. This guide outlines these shared elements to provide insight into strategies that work and how to make them work for you.
There are two versions: one for Attorneys in Solo Practice and one for Attorneys in a Small Firm. Click here to download, and start using these proven strategies today!