Client satisfaction surveys are information gold mines, helping you to understand what your client thinks about how you delivered your service, what you could have improved upon, what they actually gained from your service and what they really need from you.
Although this insight is vital, the benefits to client satisfaction surveys don’t stop there. You can use these insights to improve your law firm marketing. For example, by better understanding how your clients find services such as yours, you know more specifically how to promote your services to reach similar clients.
Most people are accustomed to taking online satisfaction surveys, which is an expeditious and inexpensive way to conduct customer satisfaction research. It also doesn’t intrude on your client’s time too much. Most of the email marketing services have this functionality, so if you are already using Constant Contact or iContact, it is simple to design a survey and send it out to your contact list.
Here are some good questions to ask in your survey:
- What was your first impression of the firm? Of your attorney?
- How were you initially treated during your first in-person meeting?
- What do you believe is our biggest strength?
- What do you believe is the area where we need the most improvement?
- Out of the following 5 areas, which ones do you anticipate needing in the next year?
- Were invoices sent out on a regular basis to you?
- Were you ever surprised by the amount on an invoice?
- What are some ways we could better serve you?
- Would you recommend us to your friends or colleagues?
- Are there any other comments, suggestions, complaints, or concerns you would like to make?
In addition, you will want to gather some lifestyle information from your clients that will help you target offers or rewards that will be meaningful to them. Lifestyle information goes way beyond mere demographics – it indicates how a client spends time and their interests, activities and tastes.
Using lifestyle information, you can find many opportunities to build a meaningful relationship with the client. For example, a client who hunts is much more likely to respond favorably to a Cabela’s gift card than a Starbucks gift card. This one seemingly tiny detail is what creates client loyalty.
Lifestyle data also helps improve marketing performance, which reduces marketing costs and improves response rates – leading to a higher return on your marketing investment.
Free CD: Insider Small Law Firm Marketing Practices
Get your free CD on Insider Small Law Firm Marketing Practices by #1 Best-Selling Author And Nationally Recognized Law Firm Marketing Expert Stephen Fairley, and listen as he reveals A Proven System To Generate More and Better Referrals, Find New Clients Fast, and Fill Your Law Practice! Discover:
- How 1 piece of simple technology in your practice will drastically increase your communication with prospects, clients and referral sources – resulting in a major revenue boost
- 5 ways to market and position yourself as a recognized expert
- How 2 Attorneys promoted their law firms to over 100,000 people for less than $100 in 2 hours
- The 1 item you must absolutely have to create a Million Dollar Law Practice (hint: Not having this will almost guarantee your failure!)
- 6 BIGGEST secrets to generating more and better referrals
- How to create a proven network of 30 new Strategic Referral Partners in the next 90 days
To obtain your free CD, click here now.