OK, so you’re finally ready to jump in and bring your law firm marketing into the 21st century with social media. So where do you actually start?
First, of course, is to establish your law firm’s presence on the leading social media networks for attorneys – Facebook, LinkedIn, Avvo, Twitter, YouTube and Google+. Recognizing your time and financial resources are finite, here are the top three things you can do to kick off your social media marketing program:
1. Identify your target market’s problems. What are the problems facing your target market? You should have a pretty good idea from your own practice. You can also use social media to monitor the latest conversations by doing Google and Twitter searches for key industry terms, creating an RSS feed/Google alert for each search and monitoring those searches daily to identify the hottest topics in your field.
2. Build your reputation as an expert. Once you’ve gleaned some of the hot topics that interest your target market, you need to provide the answers to their problems. Write a blog post on each topic, then extend the power of that post by linking to it from your social network pages.
3. Connect with other thought leaders. Use Google Blog Search and Tweet Grader to search out top-ranked thought leaders in your practice area, then subscribe to their blogs, Twitter feeds, Facebook pages, etc. Respond to their posts now and then with content that adds value.
Of course, the best way to jump start your law firm’s social media program is to attend one of our upcoming Rainmaker Retreats:
April 27-28, 2012 – Chicago, IL
May 18-19, 2012 – Houston, TX
July 27-28, 2012 – San Francisco, CA
At a Rainmaker Retreat, you will learn the strategies highly successful attorneys are using right now on the Internet and with social media to attract hundreds of people to their websites and blogs every month, convert them to paying clients, and keep them coming back and sending a steady stream of referrals.
For more information, visit www.rainmakerretreat.com.
FREE REPORT: 8 Reasons Small Firms & Solos Should Publish an E-newsletter PLUS 3 Steps to Get Started
In less than a few hours a month, you can produce an effective electronic newsletter, also known as an “E-newsletter.”
An E-newsletter is a customized electronic newsletter that is commonly used in business, but rarely in the field of law. If you are truly interested in the long-term success and sustainability of your practice, you need to learn how to leverage technology and the Internet to build it.
Here’s what you’ll discover when you read this report:
- The cost benefits of an e-newsletter
- How to incorporate your e-newsletter with your social networking
- How an e-newsletter supports your marketing efforts
- How to get started right away with your e-newsletter
- And much, much more!
To get your free report now, click here.