Law schools may be great for learning about the law, but they don’t really teach you how to run a successful practice. (Is this why they call it a “practice”?!?)
There are some critical things about being a successful attorney that they didn’t teach in law school that you can learn at a Rainmaker Retreat:
It's all about marketing.
- I wish it was as easy as ‘be a good attorney and the clients will flock to you’ -- but it's not. We can all point to terrible, unethical attorneys who are making a ton of money. We also all know highly intelligent, exceptional attorneys who are broke!
- It's the attorneys who get that it's the marketing that matters most when it comes to building a financially successful law firm.
The statistics are against you.
- There are 1.2 million attorneys in the U.S. today.
- Over 43,600 new law school graduates every year.
- Competition is fierce.
- Before the recession, the average attorney made about $85,000 per year. Since the recession that figure has fallen to the low $60s!
If you don’t know how to build relationships, you will always be at the mercy of someone else who can.
- Relationships with clients.
- Relationships with referral sources.
- Relationships with other non-competing attorneys.
Either learn how to find new clients or someone else will. Rankings don’t matter.
- Clients could care less about where you went to law school! The only person who cares is the person footing the tuition—which is usually you!
- The old joke: what do the call the guy who graduated last in law school? A lawyer!
You can't discharge law school loans in bankruptcy.
Highly successful lawyers understand they are running a business, not practicing law.
Listen to what some recent Rainmaker Retreat attendees had to say about their experience at our two-day law firm marketing intensive:
This was the most valuable seminar I’ve ever been to. They should teach this in law school! Stephen is wonderful, accessible, knowledgeable, entertaining and truly gifted. His staff is outstanding. If I ever implement a fraction of what I’ve learned, I will increase my practice tenfold.” - Helene Dreyer Koch, Estate Planning
“The step by step marketing plan, details on lead conversion, and tips on how to determine our KPI’s was immensely valuable. After two days I feel like I’ve identified holes in our current marketing systems and strategies for how to fix those holes and going forward which will lead to added success.” - Susannah Younquist, Law Firm Marketing Director
“Two days very well spent. Stephen Fairley more then lived up to what he promised to deliver at this program. Not only did he conduct an excellent overview of small and solo law firm marketing, but he also presented the most innovative yet convincing blueprint for Internet and social-media law firm marketing that I have heard to date.” - Jeff Sydney, Solo, Estate Planning
There are three upcoming Rainmaker Retreats currently scheduled:
April 27-28, 2012 – Chicago, IL (4.25 hours general IL CLE credit)
May 18-19, 2012 – Houston, TX
July 27-28, 2012 – San Francisco, CA
Be sure to register early to take advantage of the Early Bird Discount, where you receive $200 off your registration.
To learn more about the Rainmaker Retreat and to register online, go to www.rainmakerretreat.com or call 888-588-5891.
Learn How Attending a Rainmaker Retreat Can Change Your Law Firm & Your Life
If you want to learn more about the Rainmaker Retreat and why it is a proven legal marketing system that has helped over 8,000 attorneys find more and better clients, then register now for one of our one-hour complimentary teleseminars:
Thursday, April 26
1PM PT 2pm MT 3pm CT 4pm ET
Wednesday, May 2
11am PT | 12pm MT | 1pm CT | 2pm ET
Join us and learn why the Rainmaker Retreat is the one law firm marketing boot camp you cannot afford to miss!