Had an interesting question asked of me at last weekend’s Rainmaker Retreat in Orange County – what is the right way to answer a legal question on Avvo? There was so much head-nodding and note-taking as I answered, I thought I would share my response here:
1. Answer questions quickly. Avvo rewards attorneys who respond first by increasing Contributor Points. You can receive email alerts when questions are posted in your location and practice area.
2. Answer as many questions as possible. Avvo awards Contributor Points every time you answer a question. Your goal is to become a “Top Contributor”, which Avvo recognizes by posting your photo and profile on the major pages of their site. Unsurprisingly, Top Contributors are the most viewed attorney profiles on Avvo.
3. Answer questions thoroughly. This is a great way to demonstrate the depth of your knowledge in your area of practice. You need to provide answers that provide consumers with a perceived value.
4. Only answer questions you have the expertise to answer. Often, attorneys are tempted to try to gain Top Contributor status by grabbing and answering every question they can. Unless you can speak thoroughly and knowledgeably on each subject, don’t answer.
5. Provide meaningful answers. Never post an answer that simply says “you need to hire an attorney” in different words over and over again. This is counterproductive to your desire to appear as an expert, and Avvo does not look too kindly upon this kind of answer.
This is just some of the helpful information you’ll receive at a Rainmaker Retreat. See below for more details on upcoming sessions.
Book an Upcoming Rainmaker Retreat and Get an Early Bird Discount
We have two more Rainmaker Retreats coming up in October and one in November:
You can still get in on our Early Bird Discount for our upcoming Rainmaker Retreats in Scottsdale and New York, so be sure to register now to receive the $200 discount.
For more information, call 888-588-5891 or visit www.RainmakerRetreat.com.