If the attorneys who attend our Rainmaker Retreats are any indication, there are still plenty of you out there looking for information on how to start a social media marketing program for your firm.
Just like with any legal case, it all starts with strategy. Here are the steps you need to take to create a social media marketing strategy for your law firm:
Mission. Whether you want to generate more leads or merely enhance your brand in the social media world, you must first set your goals. Be specific.
Market. Define your target market then research their habits, needs and social media activities.
Message. Craft the message that will best appeal to the needs of your target market and find the keywords that reinforce that message.
Media. Decide which social networks are best for attracting followers and readers who are in your target market.
Medium. Decide what kind of content will help you reach your target – blogs, videos, photos, etc.
Mix. Mix in your social media marketing with your current marketing efforts, adding links to your website, blog, e-newsletters, etc.
Management. Decide who will be responsible for posting , how often you will post, who will manage replies and other management tasks so your social media marketing campaign doesn’t flounder.
Measurement. Measure your stats to see if your audience is growing and what messages and strategies are paying off for you. Then do more to build on that success.
Money. Budget for your social media marketing effort and measure your ROI. If you need to hire outside help, that costs money.
NEW On-Demand Webinar: Business Development Strategies for Litigators
Business development is especially difficult for litigators, who often work for months on a case and bring it to a successful conclusion, only to find they have a gaping hole of billable time to fill!
Are you or your litigators building the referral network you need to bring in litigation business?
In this new on-demand webinar, nationally recognized business development expert Stephen Fairley and featured guest Larry Bodine, editor-in-chief of Lawyers.com, help you develop a practical plan to grow your litigation practice. Learn:
- Which strategies you need to put into place in order to obtain repeat business from former clients
- How to build a referral network to build your practice-even while you are prepping for a trial
- How to get more referrals from mega-firms who are conflicted out of a case
- How to identify small firm transactional lawyers who can send you litigation referrals
- How to focus on the “hottest” areas of practice, as identified by market research
- Methods our clients use to attract larger clients with bigger cases
- How to ethically promote your “big wins” to the media and via the Internet
- How to apply one of the most effective marketing techniques for litigators
- How to position yourself as an industry expert that attracts highly profitable clients
To get this on-demand webinar, simply click here to access the recording of Business Development Strategies for Litigation Attorneys webinar.