Forrester Research recently conducted a study on behalf of Act-On, a cloud-based marketing software firm, to examine the habits of successful small business marketers in a tough economy.
Researchers found there were 7 key factors that differentiated small businesses that outperformed others in a tough economic environment; those include:
1. An emphasis on online over offline marketing strategies;
2. A focus on new business leads and customer lifetime value over customer acquisition cost savings;
3. The execution of highly-optimized, multi-channel campaigns leveraging email, web and social media;
4. Nurturing leads carefully until the time is right rather than trying to sell from the get-go;
5. Collecting the metrics that matter and measuring results in order to iterate and improve;
6. Increasing collaboration between sales and marketing, made easier through quantifiable measures of success;
7. Maintaining -- or even increasing -- marketing budgets during a difficult economy in order to increase business momentum, seize new opportunities, and gain the competitive advantage.
The Act-On white paper based on this research can be found at www.act-on.com/drive.
If you are interested in learning how to integrate these 7 key factors into your law firm marketing program, I suggest you attend a Rainmaker Retreat, our two-day marketing boot camp for attorneys. Our program touches on all these factors, with actionable items you can implement today.
Here are the upcoming dates for the Rainmaker Retreat:
December 7-8, 2012 – Los Angeles, CA
January 18-19, 2013 – Las Vegas, NV
February 15-16, 2013 – Orlando, FL
Go to www.rainmakerretreat.com or call 888-588-5891 to register now.
Free Report: 4 Myths That Keep Attorneys From Building A Referral-Based Practice
Referrals are the lifeblood of many law practices, and building a good referral program takes a proven process. Stephen Fairley unveils the 4 Myths That Keep Attorneys from Building a Referral-Based Practice in his new free report. Read and discover:
- How to determine the best source for your referrals
- How to explain your ideal target market to a referral source
- How to get referrals from other attorneys
- Whether online directories are a good referral source
- How to network effectively
- And much, much more!