Client satisfaction surveys are information gold mines, helping you to understand what your client thinks about how you delivered your service, what you could have improved upon, what they actually gained from your service and what they really need from you.
Although this insight is vital, the benefits to client satisfaction surveys don’t stop there. You can use these insights to improve your law firm marketing. For example, by better understanding how your clients find services such as yours, you know more specifically how to promote your services to reach similar clients.
Most people are accustomed to taking online satisfaction surveys, which is an expeditious and inexpensive way to conduct customer satisfaction research. It also doesn’t intrude on your client’s time too much.
Most of the email marketing services have this functionality, so if you are already using Constant Contact or iContact, it is simple to design a survey and send it out to your contact list. You can also use a surveying resource like SurveyMonkey.com that essentially does the same thing.
No matter what format you use, here are some good questions to ask in your survey:
- What was your first impression of the firm? Of your attorney?
- How were you initially treated during your first in-person meeting?
- What do you believe is our biggest strength?
- What do you believe is the area where we need the most improvement?
- Out of the following 5 areas, which ones do you anticipate needing in the next year?
- Were invoices sent out on a regular basis to you?
- Were you ever surprised by the amount on an invoice?
- What are some ways we could better serve you?
- Would you recommend us to your friends or colleagues?
- Are there any other comments, suggestions, complaints, or concerns you would like to voice?
You can also use a survey with current and former clients as a “keep in touch” technique. For example, if you have had an e-newsletter program in place for awhile, create a survey asking your list if they are satisfied with the content, frequency and format, if they have suggestions for future content or other improvements.
You may learn a lot through this short query that will help you improve your marketing efforts by learning what your clients value most.
Stop Wasting Precious Time and Money!
Feel like you don’t have time for marketing? Let us show you how to make a plan that runs on “autopilot” – one that attracts new and lucrative clients while you focus on your practice.
Learn how easy it can be to create an effective law firm marketing plan that performs by getting our Free Guide: 5 Easy Steps to Create Your Law Firm Marketing Plan.
After working with many ultra-successful lawyers we found five common threads in their marketing plans. This guide outlines these shared elements to provide insight into strategies that work and how to make them work for you.
Click here to download, and start using these proven strategies today!