The Rainmaker Blog
10 Resolutions Successful People Make and Keep
An article at Forbes.com trending now as one of the most popular is about the 10 resolutions that successful people make and keep. Thought it was worth sharing here:
1. Avoid what matters least. Your time is finite, so while you are making a list of things to do in 2013, make a list of what not to do as well. And then simply don't do them.
2. Do the essentials first. How much time do you spend every day getting sidetracked by email? If we were honest, most of us would probably answer: alot. When you hit the office, take care of your most essential tasks first and then check your email.
3. Focus on people. If you lose sight of what matters to your clients, you will soon lose those clients.
4. Find your purpose. When your career is based on your purpose, you will be both more successful and happier.
5. Support a cause. Research has shown that people involved in furthering worthy causes are generally happier in life. Find a way to support something bigger than yourself or your practice.
6. Give yourself more choices. If you find yourself feeling fearful and trapped by a weak economy or lack of clients, find a way to give yourself more choices. One sure way to conquer fear is by learning. Learning how to attract and keep clients is the main focus of our Rainmaker Retreat; resolve to attend one session in 2013.
7. Find a good partner. A good partner in business is as indispensable as one in marriage. If you don't have someone in your practice whose strengths offset your weaknesses, go find that person.
8. Go outside. Most attorneys like to view themselves as experts, but one problem with being an expert is that it sometimes prevents you from seeing new possibilities. Find other professionals who may be facing some of the same problems you are, and brainstorm some solutions.
9. Complain less, change more. Gandhi advised us to be the change we want to see in the world. Resolving to be the attorney who can solve the problems of prospects will bring new clients to your door.
10. Take time to play. Plan your 2013 vacations now, and let your work fill in the rest of the calendar. This gives you something to look forward to, and helps you maintain a well-rounded life.
FREE Rainmaker Retreat Preview DVD – Learn Before You Go!
If you want to learn more about the Rainmaker Retreat and why it is a proven legal marketing system that has helped over 8,000 attorneys find more and better clients, then click here to receive a free DVD of your colleagues (and even your competitors) describing their experiences at our 2-day law firm marketing boot camp, the Rainmaker Retreat.
Upcoming dates for the Rainmaker Retreat include:
January 18-19, 2013 – Las Vegas, NV
February 15-16, 2013 – Orlando, FL
March 15-16, 2013 – Newport Beach, CA
Instead of us telling you how these 2 days will transform your practice, listen to your peers describe their experiences in their own words by clicking here to order your complimentary DVD right now.