This job application from Craigslist was in a post yesterday on the Above the Law website under the title: Saddest Job Application You’ll Read Today:
How many attorneys can identify with the poster’s lament that he is locked into a “small area with few jobs and an over saturation of lawyers”? I’d venture to guess, a lot.
And unfortunately for this guy and lots of other lawyers like him, law firms are just not in a hiring mode these days. Instead, layoffs are the norm. Those succeeding as solo practitioners are having to find a way to compete just like any other business, using law firm marketing techniques to differentiate themselves and carve out a niche for their services.
The best way to remain employable is to build a thriving book of business, and the best way to do that is learn how to run a legal services business, not just practice law.
Creating and managing a successful legal services business is what we teach at the Rainmaker Retreat, our two-day law firm marketing intensive workshop. Among the many things attorneys learn there are:
- Over 65 different marketing techniques that are proven to work in a real world environment.
- The 5 critical numbers you need to be tracking in your law firm and how to measure your Return On Investment (ROI) for all your marketing efforts.
- The core concepts of search engine optimization (SEO) and Internet marketing for attorneys and how to create a dominant position on the Internet.
- Specific tools to automate your marketing system and “fix your follow up” to increase your conversion rates from prospects to paying clients.
- Advanced Internet marketing strategies for lawyers.
- A Rainmaker Social Media Blueprint to help you fully leverage Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Avvo and JDSupra to develop new leads.
- Learning from dozens of real world case studies of how attorneys have gone from a good 6-figure practice to a great “7-figure lifestyle law firm.”
- How to focus your money on the most effective marketing strategies based on your specific practice area.
- Creating a written Marketing Action Plan (MAP) that will guide your law firm’s efforts and provide specific goals for your team to achieve in the next 6 months
- A realistic idea of how much money it will take to effectively market your law firm
- Building a network of other attorneys across the country who are dedicated to building a 7 figure lifestyle law firm
- Understanding how to utilize the 7 Rainmaker tools for generating more referrals and repeat business from current and former clients.
Here are the dates for upcoming Rainmaker Retreat sessions in the first quarter:
February 15-16, 2013 – Orlando, FL
March 15-16, 2013 – Newport Beach, CA
To register, call 888-588-5891 or visit www.RainmakerRetreat.com.
FREE Rainmaker Retreat Preview DVD – Learn Before You Go!
If you want to learn more about the Rainmaker Retreat and why it is a proven legal marketing system that has helped over 9,000 attorneys find more and better clients, then click here to receive a free DVD of your colleagues (and even your competitors) describing their experiences at our 2-day law firm marketing boot camp, the Rainmaker Retreat.
Instead of us telling you how these 2 days will transform your practice, listen to your peers describe their experiences in their own words by clicking here to order your complimentary DVD right now.