It’s a new year...when’s the last time you refreshed your website? If you’re like many law firms, the answer is probably that it’s been awhile. When it comes to websites, lawyers tend to “set it and forget it.” This is a grave error.
Examine your site now and see if any of the top 10 things that prospects hate about law firm websites are on yours:
1. Pop-up ads. People hate them. So don’t use them. Instead, have a good call-to-action on every page of your site and create compelling content to get them to do what you want.
2. Generic stock photography. We’ve all used it, but people are savvy to what is fake. Use photos of your real people, not those stock images of good looking models who look like they are all simply delighted by the piece of paper they’re staring at.
3. Legal jargon. Don’t write for other lawyers, write for real people. Tell them how you can solve their problems by telling compelling stories and engage them with thoughtful content.
4. SEO-driven content. Write for people, not search engines. Google’s algorithm is very sophisticated and can detect a page’s relevancy better than you think.
5. No way to share. Include social share buttons on your pages so people are not frustrated by being unable to share your content.
6. No blog. Prospects want to learn more about the real you when they come to your site, and having a well-written blog lets them in the door.
7. Boring copy. Create great titles and (yes, I am saying it again) content that is compelling.
8. CTAs with strings attached. Nothing is more frustrating to a prospect than to discover that your call-to-action comes with strings attached. Ever been on a retail site where you are offered 20% off, only to find you have to spend $100 first? Big turn-off.
9. Bad internal links. If you create internal links taking people to irrelevant pages, they will dump you fast. Be sure all your internal links go to the right place.
10. Slow load. Sites that are slow to load are abandoned quickly, and they are also penalized by Google. Don’t let the design interfere with the reason you have a website in the first place – to get prospects to become clients.
On-Demand Webinar: How to Leverage Your Firm’s Website to Win Clients
According to recent research…
- 58 million adults looked for an attorney in the past year
- 76% of them referred to the Internet at some point in their search
While most law firms already have a website, the majority of them don’t produce new cases on a regular basis. Why?
Because they are doing it all wrong!
This webinar will teach you how to do it right.
Lawyers.com editor-in-chief Larry Bodine and Stephen Fairley join forces to deliver a compelling on-demand webinar on How to Leverage Your Firm’s Website to Win Clients; access this webinar now to learn:
- 3 specific strategies that can immediately improve your website conversions
- What elements you should and should not include on your website
- How to effectively reach the 65% of consumers who like to gather information about their legal issue long before ever contacting an attorney
- Ways to leverage top online attorney directories to control your online presence
- Case studies on how top attorneys are using social media to attract more paying clients
- Best practices for blogging and why Google loves them so much
- The fastest ways to get to the top of Google
Click on this link now to receive the How to Leverage Your Firm’s Website to Win Clients webinar.