Social media ad network Technorati Media just released its 2013 Digital Influence Report, which found that blogs rank higher than other forms of social media in influencing consumer purchase decisions:
This report seems to parallel last year’s In-House Counsel New Media Engagement Survey, which found that 76% of in-house counsel respondents said they attribute at least some level of importance to an attorney's blog when deciding which firm to retain.
So we now have two very credible research reports showing the blogs can directly influence decisions by consumers and outside counsel in making a purchase (hire) decision.
If you’re not blogging yet, I have no idea what you are waiting for.
If you’re looking for a way to kick start your social media marketing program, including blogging, I suggest you do so by attending one of our upcoming Rainmaker Retreat sessions.
Over two days, you will not only learn how to use social media to market your firm, you will leave with a written plan to implement once you get home.
Here are our upcoming Rainmaker Retreat intensive workshops:
March 15-16, 2013 – Newport Beach, CA
April 5-6, 2013 – Dallas, TX
May 3-4, 2013 – Scottsdale, AZ
May 31-June 1, 2013 – New York City
July 19-20, 2013 – San Diego, CA
August 16-17, 2013 – Las Vegas, NV
September 20-21, 2013 – San Francisco, CA
Go to www.rainmakerretreat.com or call 888-588-5891 to register now.
Becoming a Rainmaker: Business Building Strategies for Lawyers
Based on Stephen’s highly successful seminar series by the same name, this 3-audio CD program covers dozens of practical recommendations and step-by-step sales and marketing techniques for solo practitioners and small law firms.
More than 8,000 attorneys from law firms all over the country have experienced powerful results from attending the Becoming A Rainmaker seminar. It has been sponsored by more than 22 of the largest state and local bar associations.
In this information-packed audio program, you will discover:
- How to generate more leads by using education-based marketing
- The relationship between credibility, visibility, tangibility, and consistency
- How to position your small firm as an industry leader
- The importance of being perceived as a specialist
- Why most advertising is a waste of your money
- What to expect from a Yellow Pages ad
- The 3 marketing strategies that will produce 80% of your results
- How to influence the Know, Like and Trust factors
- Common marketing mistakes lawyers make and how to avoid them
- How to answer the question, "Why should I buy from you?"
- Specific ways you can set yourself apart from low-cost lawyers
- What to do with the 15% of the population that always buys on price
- Ways to attract your Ideal Target Market
- The 6 stage sales process you must follow for maximum success