Many attorneys I speak with would love to have a magic wand that would turn clients into good referral sources. Unfortunately, I am fresh out of magic wands but I do have some advice that parallels John’s commentary on his blog today.
Here is a 5-step process you can use to turn clients into referrals:
1. Be easy to do business with. Automation is great for many functions, but it should always be viewed as to the impact it has on the experience your clients have with your firm.
2. Over-educate. Prepare a new client intake package that educates new clients on every aspect of your business.
3. Over-deliver. Over-deliver not only in the services you provide, but by keeping in touch with all your clients. Many attorneys focus on getting new clients to the detriment of keeping contact with existing or old clients. Remember who got you to where you already are.
4. Get feedback. Client satisfaction surveys are a wonderful way to get feedback that will help you improve upon areas of your firm you probably weren’t even aware needed improvement. There are many free survey services out there that can help you implement a quick email survey; use these to ask clients about your services and give them the chance to be heard. They will appreciate and remember it.
5. Say thank you. Make it a habit to send personal thank you notes or make calls to clients whose business you value.
April 18 Online Seminar: 7 Strategies for a 7-Figure Law Firm
If you’re like many of the attorneys I speak with every week:
You’ve been practicing over 10 years, you own a small firm with a handful of staff, you work hard month after month, but you never seem to get ahead.
You’ve tried all the traditional methods of marketing your law firm, but so far nothing seems to work very well.
You have goals, dreams and ambitions, but after all these years you’re still struggling to break or consistently break the million dollar mark…and every once in awhile you wonder if it’s really worth it all.
I need to tell you from one business owner to another -- the skills that helped you build a good 6-figure practice are not the same skills you will need to build a great 7-figure business.
So if you’re tired of beating your head against the wall and you’re ready to take a fresh look at how to break out of the negative cycle you’re stuck in, then you really owe it to yourself to attend our newest online seminar, 7 Strategies for a 7-Figure Law Firm, on Thursday, April 18 at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET.
Join us and discover:
- What it really takes to build a 7-figure law firm-no hype and no B.S.
- Insider tips from managing partners running multimillion-dollar firms
- How to position yourself as a recognized expert and attract higher quality clients
- 3 biggest reasons why you’re not getting more referrals and how to overcome these hurdles
- The 2 things every Million Dollar Law Firm has in place (you will never achieve 7 figure revenues without both of these)
- 2 key metrics you must measure every month if you want to grow your law firm
Register here for the April 18 online seminar and discover how attorneys just like you are using this information to build 7-figure law firms.
If the time doesn’t work for you, register anyway and we’ll send you the recording of the full online seminar to watch at your convenience.