Attorneys that attend our 2-day legal marketing seminar, the Rainmaker Retreat, ask a lot of questions and we often review those to ensure what we are presenting will be immediately applicable to the business of marketing your law firm.
How does someone who needs legal services make a decision to hire me?
First, that person gathers general information to determine what type of lawyer they need and if they actually have a need for a lawyer
Second, that person begins to search and look at several law firms (either that they have heard of or find on the Internet)
Third, that person begin to validate specific attorneys (performs a credibility search to ensure the attorneys he/she is considering are good and qualified attorneys)
Lastly, that person then makes an attorney selection (perhaps engaging in a free consult, calling the attorney, etc.)
What’s a powerful strategy to increase the number of appointments my firm sets?
Dedicate a staff member to talking to prospects and setting appointments. You can then train them on how to handle objections, how to positively position your firm, and follow up consistently if the person is unavailable at first. If you dedicate someone to this, your conversion of calls to appointments will go up. You can performance-bonus this individual for the appointments that are set up and show up, and add another small performance bonus for the appointments that show up and sign up. This is not fee splitting because the bonus is a flat fee and not dependent on a fee.
If you want to get the right answers to your marketing questions and discover real-world strategies that work for attorneys in generating and converting leads, then you should attend a Rainmaker Retreat. Here are our upcoming dates:
- May 3-4, 2013 – Scottsdale, AZ
- May 31-June 1, 2013 – New York City
- July 19-20, 2013 – San Diego, CA
- August 16-17, 2013 – Las Vegas, NV
- September 20-21, 2013 – San Francisco, CA
Go to www.rainmakerretreat.com or call 888-588-5891 to register now.
FREE Seminar: How to Attract Clients in Today’s Marketing Jungle
When it comes to law firm marketing, it is truly a jungle out there! Mastering social media, SEO and Internet marketing strategies – and making sure your efforts align with legal marketing rules – can give even the most eager attorney pause.
In his new one-hour seminar, Stephen Fairley will lead you through the step-by-step actions you should take throughout the course of the next 12 months to substantially increase your revenues. You will learn:
- How to target market to get your ideal client
- Why your firm is not getting more referrals and how to change it
- How to select the right marketing tools that will work for your practice and personality
- Effective online and offline marketing strategies
- How to create a financial plan to fund your marketing budget
- The 5 critical components of a Marketing Action Plan (MAP)
- 4 ways to create a unique competitive advantage
- What is critical to have in place today’s hyper-competitive online focused marketplace
This FREE seminar will also give you a preview of the 65 different marketing techniques and strategies taught at our 2-day legal marketing boot camp.
Click on this link to register now for the FREE How to Attract Clients in Today’s Marketing Jungleseminar.