I see a lot of attorney profiles on LinkedIn, since I connect with many of our clients and those who have attended our Rainmaker Retreat. And what I see mostly is room for improvement.
LinkedIn just turned 10 last week, and has become the de facto online Rolodex for keeping up with contacts and referral sources. So why wouldn’t you do your best to put your best foot forward at all times?
Here are 5 steps to fix your LinkedIn profile:
1. Assess your goals. Why are you on LinkedIn? If it’s to market your firm, then you need to be sure your profile page reflects everything your firm is about, and that starts with loading it with great keywords to attract the broadest possible audience.
2. Kill the clutter. If you have basically uploaded your resume and it reflects all the jobs you’ve held since college, kill the entries that have nothing to do with what you do now.
3. Be personable. Add some flair so people know you as a person. People hire people, not profiles.
4. Update your photo. If you don’t have a photo uploaded yet, do it. A photo acts as your logo; a bad one does nothing for you and a missing one tells people you don’t care. Your photo should reflect who you are as a professional, so skip the party photo from last Halloween.
5. Get recommendations. Testimonials are irresistible to read, and tell people visiting your page what it’s like to work with you.
FREE Seminar: How to Attract Clients in Today’s Marketing Jungle
When it comes to law firm marketing, it is truly a jungle out there! Mastering social media, SEO and Internet marketing strategies – and making sure your efforts align with legal marketing rules – can give even the most eager attorney pause.
In his new one-hour seminar, Stephen Fairley will lead you through the step-by-step actions you should take throughout the course of the next 12 months to substantially increase your revenues. You will learn:
- How to target market to get your ideal client
- Why your firm is not getting more referrals and how to change it
- How to select the right marketing tools that will work for your practice and personality
- Effective online and offline marketing strategies
- How to create a financial plan to fund your marketing budget
- The 5 critical components of a Marketing Action Plan (MAP)
- 4 ways to create a unique competitive advantage
- What is critical to have in place today’s hyper-competitive online focused marketplace
This FREE seminar will also give you a preview of the 65 different marketing techniques and strategies taught at our 2-day legal marketing boot camp.
Click on this link to register now for the FREE How to Attract Clients in Today’s Marketing Jungleseminar.