A survey of 2,100 North American adults (90% from the U.S.) conducted earlier this year found that 80% said they trust online customer reviews as much as personal recommendations.
The Local Consumer Review Survey 2013 by SEO firm BrightLocal.com is an annual study into how consumer behavior is affected – or not – by online reviews. Other findings from the study:
- 95% searched online for a local business in the past month
- 85% read online reviews for local businesses
- 73% said positive reviews make them trust a business more
- 65% said they are more likely to use a business that has positive online reviews
- The most important traits they look for in online reviews of a business are reliability, value, expertise and professionalism.
- 72% of consumers reported having recommended a local business by word of mouth (down from 78% last year), while 37% did so on Facebook (up from 32%).
Lee Rosen recently had a good post on his Divorce Discourse site about Helping Your Happy Clients Review You Online. It mentions a Canadian SEO company’s website that helps you generate a customized PDF that you can hand out to your happy clients to help them provide you with an online review (make sure this is permissible under your local ethics rules).
With the growing prevalence and popularity of online reviews, you would be doing your practice a grave disservice by not encouraging satisfied clients to provide you with a review online.
On-Demand Seminar: The 5 Best Strategies to Beat Your Competition in 2013
Are you tired of seeing other attorneys land all the good clients?
Have you noticed how tough it’s become to market your law firm?
Are you ready to do something to make this a bigger & better year?
Knowing which legal marketing strategies are working in today’s economy gives you a huge advantage. Implementing the correct business development strategies allows you to spend less money and get better results faster!
Access this one-hour seminar on The 5 Best Strategies to Beat Your Competition in 2013 to discover:
- Why you can’t afford to dismiss social media any longer (Google is forcing you to use it)
- 3 major ways to triple your website traffic in the next 90 days
- How to use online tools to generate more offline referrals
- 3 keys all the best law firms are using to turn more website browsers into buyers
- 2 critical numbers you must track every month to measure your success
- Specific ways to jump-start your marketing efforts fast…even if you’ve stumbled before
Last year many of our clients experienced their best year ever! How is that possible when we are in the midst of the biggest recession our generation has ever faced?
It’s simple, they developed a game plan based on best practices and proven strategies and then they consistently took massive action! Notice I said it was “simple” not “easy.” The only “easy button” I have is sitting right beside my magic wand (I’ve found both of them work about the same).
There is no “easy” way to build a million dollar book of business, but if you’re willing to do the work we can show you the right path to take.
Click on this link now to access The 5 Best Strategies to Beat Your Competition in 2013 seminar.