A new study from Searchmetrics shows that of 44 ranking factors, social signals account for 7 of the top 8 most highly associated with Google search results, The chart below shows the ranking importance for the top 22:
The top findings from the Searchmetrics Ranking Factors-Rank Correlation Study show the following SEO trends for 2013:
- Keyword domains and keyword links are not nearly as relevant as in the past
- Social signals directly correlate with better rankings
- Good content continues to be key
- The number of backlinks continues to be of high importance
- On-page technology (URL length, keywords in page titles, page descriptions, H1 and H2 tags, etc.) is still an important basic
This latest study makes it clear that you can no longer ignore social media if you are interested in showing up in Google search results.
Get More Proven Legal Marketing Strategies FREE from The Rainmaker Institute
One click of your mouse will take you to our website where you can see the current issue and subscribe to our complimentary monthly e-newsletter that will be delivered to your inbox every month.
Each issue is chock-full of legal marketing information you can put to use right away and share with your staff to maximize the effectiveness of your legal marketing plan. Click here now to subscribe to The Rainmaker Institute Law Firm Marketing Newsletter.