The sheer number of attorneys competing for business today, especially in consumer law, makes it virtually impossible to grow a law firm organically by word of mouth. You must be much more proactive and intentional about your business development efforts than just sitting back and letting your work speak for itself.
One of the best reasons for attorneys to use social media for business development is because of its reach and cost effectiveness. But you have to have a system and a process in place to maximize the benefit from social media for business development. Here is a 5-step process we have used over the years that has resulted in generating hundreds of new leads every month, both for our company and our clients:
- Set up a targeted landing page. Your landing page is separate from – but can be connected to – your website. It should feature content that addresses the specific needs of your target market and have one compelling call-to-action that gets them to connect with you.
- On the landing page offer them something of value. Offer visitors a free special report on a topic of interest to them. Again, it must address a specific need of your target market. Remember, clients may not care about legal precedents, but they are very likely to care about how to save money during a divorce.
- Drive traffic to your landing page by promoting it via your social media networks. You can announce your free special report on your Facebook fan page, post a Tweet or promote by including the link to your LinkedIn account. You can also hone in more directly on your target market through Facebook Ads, which you can run for just a few dollars a day.
- Visitors to your landing page can only obtain your valuable information if they give you their contact information (name and email address) and by agreeing to opt into your database and be contacted by your law firm for further follow-up.
- Use their contact information to follow up with them. When you connect with visitors to your landing page, you qualify them to see if they are a good prospect for you and then offer them a complimentary consultation, if that’s part of your business model.
At The Rainmaker Institute, we have successfully used this exact process with attorneys across the country for more than a decade, generating thousands of qualified leads for lawyers directly from social media. Attorneys we have worked with regularly receive 100-250 new leads every month just from efforts online and via social media. Follow this process, and you can, too!
FREE Online Seminar: How to Develop Your Law Firm Marketing Plan
Join Stephen Fairley for a free 60-minute legal marketing webinar: How to Develop Your Law Firm Marketing Plan, where you will learn…
A proven legal marketing system that has helped 18,000 attorneys convert more prospects into paying clients.
Step-by-step actions you should take throughout the course of the next 12 months to substantially increase your revenues.
Effective strategies to win clients in today’s hyper-competitive online focused marketplace.
Creating a marketing plan for your law firm is the first step in building a foundation for a profitable future. During this complimentary webinar, learn:
- How to target market to get your ideal client
- Why your firm is not getting more referrals and how to change it
- How to select the right marketing tools that will work for your practice and personality
- Effective online and offline marketing strategies
- How to create a financial plan to fund your marketing budget
- The 5 critical components of a Marketing Action Plan (MAP)
- 4 ways to create a unique competitive advantage
- What is critical to have in place for today’s hyper-competitive online focused marketplace
Stephen will lead you through the step-by-step actions you should take throughout the course of the next 12 months to substantially increase your revenues.
There are several sessions of this free webinar scheduled; you can choose what works best for you from the drop-down menu when you click on the following link to register online for our FREE How to Develop Your Law Firm Marketing Plan online seminar.