Advertising is important to the marketing of your law firm, but not all advertising is equally effective. In these competitive times, you cannot afford to waste your resources making any advertising mistakes, so I’m going to share with you “The 5 Biggest Advertising Mistakes Lawyers Make” so you can avoid them – and prosper.
1. Most ads are not meaningful. In just one day, your prospective client sees more than 5,000 ads, so your ad must be unique enough to catch attention.
2. Mass advertising is expensive. When you advertise, you need to obey the Law of 7 Touches. It takes exposing your ad to your prospective client 7 times before he or she is willing to do business with you. So you have a tremendous up-front cost. Added to that, you should expect to receive, in revenue, a minimum of 5 times of what you spend.
3. Ads are not effective in encouraging people to “take action.” And that’s what counts: the action your prospect takes to do business with you. Without that, your money and time is wasted.
4. Most law firms lack follow-up systems. You may have designed a great ad, it’s precisely targeted and people respond. But then, nothing happens. Nothing happens because you lack a system to follow up with the leads that come from your ad campaign. And the money is in the follow-up.
5. No tracking of real results. This is just as bad as not having a follow-up system. Without tracking real results, you have no idea what works and what doesn’t. And that means you’re likely burning through cash without much to show for it.
Don’t want to make any more mistakes with your law firm marketing? Then you need to attend my 2-day law firm marketing boot camp, The Rainmaker Retreat.
Time is running out to take advantage of our Early Bird special for the Los Angeles Rainmaker Retreat on July 30-31. Register by July 23 and save $200!
If you are interested in building a lifestyle law practice through effective law firm marketing, then come to one of our upcoming Rainmaker Retreats:
- July 30-31, 2010 Los Angeles, CA
- August 6-7, 2010 Las Vegas, NV
- October 8-9, 2010 New Brunswick, NJ
Exclusive Rainmaker Retreat Preview Call – Learn Before You Go!
If you want to learn more about the Rainmaker Retreat and why it is a proven legal marketing system that has helped over 7,000 attorneys find more and better clients, then register now for our one-hour complimentary teleseminar.
Hosted by Rainmaker Institute CEO Stephen Fairley, this teleseminar will give you a preview of the valuable material that is taught at our 2-day Rainmaker Retreat as well as teach you:
- How to Avoid the Most Deadly Marketing Mistakes Attorneys make
- 3 powerful strategies you must put into action in your practice immediately
- How to set yourself apart from your major competitors
- Secrets top attorneys are using to generate more referrals right now
- How attorneys are winning even in this economy by implementing this proven 8-step system
Sign up now for one of these upcoming one-hour teleseminars:
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
11am-12pm Pacific | 12-1pm Mountain | 1-2pm Central | 2-3pm Eastern
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
1-2pm Pacific | 2-3pm Mountain | 3-4pm Central | 4-5pm Eastern
Join us and learn why the Rainmaker Retreat is the one law firm marketing boot camp you cannot afford to miss!
For Email Marketing you can trust