The days of big-budget office parties and bonuses to match are behind most of us in these lean times, but that doesn’t mean you can’t motivate your employees through a strategic reward system. John Bisnar, Esq, an attorney and founder of California personal injury law firm Bisnar Chase, provides 10 tips for rewarding your employees without breaking the bank:
- Say Thanks: Whether you approach your employees personally, send them a note, or praise them in a staff meeting – it’s important to express your gratitude whenever they’ve done a good job. Saying thanks is one of the simplest yet most effective ways to make your employees feel appreciated.
- Lunch Meetings: Nobody will turn down a free meal – and a lunch meeting gives you the opportunity to reward your staff with great food while also bringing everybody together to share their successes, stories and struggles.
- Focus on the Family: Each of your employees has family members they love and care about. By showing that you value their families, you can cultivate a deeper sense of loyalty with your employees. Some family-based rewards can be as simple as a “free night at the movies” or an all-expenses paid dinner.
- Change Job Titles: Believe it or not, the more inflated the job title the more your employees will work to live up to it. If you hire somebody as a “janitor” he will pick up your trash. But if you hire somebody as a “workplace environmental consultant”, he will keep your office clean and provide insight on how to make things more efficient.
- Staff Newsletter: Newsletters are a great way to highlight individual performances as well as birthdays and other events. It is also a great way to help your employees get to know each other better through surveys, spotlights, and news sections.
- Book Bonuses: Instead of paying for your employees to attend an expensive seminar or workshop, you can purchase relevant and worthwhile books for your best performing staff members each month.
- Dress Down: Yes, you run a professional law firm that fights hard to maintain a certain image – but that doesn’t mean your employees can’t have a casual day once every quarter. Doing something different is a great way to get your staff excited.
- Friendly Perks: Flowers, in-office massages, or gym passes can be a great way to reward employees for great work.
- Upgraded Office: Is there any way you can improve your employee’s office area? A new computer monitor, chair, or printer would go a long way in reminding your employees that they are valuable to your law firm.
- Flexible Hours: Providing a bit of flexibility is often greeted with increased productivity. Whenever possible, see if you can let your employees tweak their schedule to meet their specific needs – whether it’s a longer lunch or mid-day break to go the gym.
Are you looking for specific marketing strategies you can use in your law firm?
Then order the Rainmaker in a Box 5-DVD set!
Some of the information and strategies you will learn include:
- The 5 Immutable Secrets to Building a 7 Figure Law Practice
- Secrets of Building a Referral-based Law Practice for Busy Practitioners
- The Top 6 Most Powerful Online Marketing Strategies for Attorneys
- Action, Accountability and Next Steps
This program also includes a data DVD which includes all 4 PowerPoint slides for all 4 presentations. We recommend you print all these off and take notes on them as you watch the 4 intense DVDs.
To order this information-packed set click here.