Earlier this week, LinkedIn announced that it has reached the 100 million-member mark, and that it is growing at a rate of one million members a week.
A few stats:
- 44 million U.S. members
- 100% of Fortune 500 companies have executives on LinkedIn
- 17.8 million members in groups
- Fastest growth in Brazil, Mexico, India and France
- Largest membership sector: Professional Services
- Unique monthly visitors: 71.5 million in February, 2011 – up 55% over the same month last year
And earlier this month, LinkedIn introduced LinkedIn Today, a news aggregator that delivers headlines to you based on what your connections and others in your industry are reading and sharing.
For lawyers, it’s hard to beat LinkedIn as a vital social media tool for building referral sources. The best uses of LinkedIn for attorneys:
Connect. Use LinkedIn to connect with referral sources and joint venture partners. One of the most compelling reasons to join LinkedIn is for the professional groups. Do you practice real estate law? There are 3,418 real estate groups on LinkedIn. Need to boost your visibility with finance professionals? Join a few of the 1,852 finance professional groups on LinkedIn.
Boost Expertise Profile. Joining and contributing to the discussion within the LinkedIn professional groups helps you build your profile as an expert in your area of law practice.
Boost Search Engine Ranking. LinkedIn profiles rank high in Google and the other search engines.
Here are 8 steps to get you started on LinkedIn:
- Create a comprehensive profile for yourself and your firm
- Start by connecting with people you know (tip: use LinkedIn toolbar for Outlook)
- Recommend others and be recommended
- Join groups for attorneys, referral sources and prospects
- Start a group for your target market
- Answer questions
- Update your status at least three times every week
- List all your events on LinkedIn
I invite you to connect with me on LinkedIn at www.LinkedIn.com/in/StephenFairley.
Free Nolo Webinar on Lead Generation Strategies for Attorneys March 30
Do you have problems finding quality leads? Does it seem equally hard to convert your prospects into paid clients? Then you’ll benefit from Nolo’s free webinar, "Lead Generation Strategies for Attorneys" on Wednesday, March 30 at 11 a.m. PT.
In this fast-paced, one-hour presentation, Stephen Fairley will be presenting the top tactics used by first-rate lawyers across the country who consistently generate more quality leads than their competitors.
Register for "Lead Generation Strategies for Attorneys" and learn how to:
- Attract more qualified prospects immediately.
- Implement cutting edge legal marketing strategies to build your practice.
- Reduce your Cost Per Client Acquisition (CPCA).
- Increase referrals from current and former clients.
In addition, you’ll learn the secrets of Direct Response Marketing and hear about the case study of a small law firm that doubled their leads in 90 days!
When: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
Where: Via computer and/or phone
There will be a 10-minute question and answer opportunity at the end of the webinar.
Please note that CLE credit is not available for this webinar.
To register, click here. If you have any questions, please call 1-877-NOLO-LAW (665-6529).