Today, the Pew Research Center released a report on how Americans consume news on their mobile devices, finding that half of all U.S. adults now use a smartphone or tablet device to connect to the Internet – and 66% of those use these devices to get their news.
This is a huge sea-change in how we consume news! And its ramifications for attorneys who blog, engage in social media and market themselves online has never been larger.
We are not just checking headlines, either – 78% of mobile device users read more than one in-depth article during a sitting and the articles they are reading are mostly (90%) for personal use:
Consumption of news articles on mobile devices usually comes from content that was shared on social media sites or via email. A majority (60%) use a browser to acquire their news, which increases the need for attorneys to step up their SEO game even more than ever before. Your content needs to be mobile-friendly, meaning no PDFs or content that is not formatted properly for mobile devices.
The consumption of all information is moving rapidly to mobile, and your law firm marketing must follow to remain relevant.
NEW On-Demand Webinar: Business Development Strategies for Litigators
Business development is especially difficult for litigators, who often work for months on a case and bring it to a successful conclusion, only to find they have a gaping hole of billable time to fill!
Are you or your litigators building the referral network you need to bring in litigation business?
In this new on-demand webinar, nationally recognized business development expert Stephen Fairley and featured guest Larry Bodine, editor-in-chief of Lawyers.com, help you develop a practical plan to grow your litigation practice. Learn:
- Which strategies you need to put into place in order to obtain repeat business from former clients
- How to build a referral network to build your practice-even while you are prepping for a trial
- How to get more referrals from mega-firms who are conflicted out of a case
- How to identify small firm transactional lawyers who can send you litigation referrals
- How to focus on the “hottest” areas of practice, as identified by market research
- Methods our clients use to attract larger clients with bigger cases
- How to ethically promote your “big wins” to the media and via the Internet
- How to apply one of the most effective marketing techniques for litigators
- How to position yourself as an industry expert that attracts highly profitable clients
To get this on-demand webinar, simply click here to access the recording of Business Development Strategies for Litigation Attorneys webinar.