I know that many of you feel like you just got the hang of Facebook and LinkedIn, but have trepidations about Twitter. So, really, why should you go there? Because Twitter is huge, and it’s getting bigger every day.
Recent statistics show that Twitter gains 135,000 new users every day. Every day there are 58 million tweets and 2.1 billion searches on Twitter. So how can you make Twitter work for you?
My first tip will hopefully make you feel better about mastering Twitter, because you don’t necessarily have to blaze new territory. The most effective tweets are those that provide a unique take on something that is already trending on Twitter. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel.
Twitter trends appear in the left column of the Home, Discover and Search pages of Twitter. You can customize Trends for your geographical area by clicking Customize in your Trends box.
Secondly, you need to optimize your Twitter profile. Use a photo and remember that Twitter followers tend to follow a person, not a company.
Third, sync your Twitter account with your Facebook and Gmail accounts to find the Twitter accounts of people you know. Then follow them. This will usually get them to follow you back and to share your content.
Fourth, use lots of photos and video. These get more attention on Twitter.
Fifth, focus on quality, not quantity. You want people who are interested in you and your legal services so you can use Twitter as another means of forging a more meaningful relationship.
Sixth, engage with the people who share your content by sending them a direct message, adding them to your follower list and retweeting some of their tweets.
And lastly, keep tabs on your Twitter stats so you can see how your marketing strategies are working. The stats will tell you how many people engaged with your tweets, how many clicked on the link, and more useful information.
Practice Made Perfect For Lawyers CD Set
The Practice Made Perfect CD set and manual applies Stephen Fairley’s unique High Impact Marketing System to the practice-building challenges faced by solo practitioners and partners at small law firms.
It includes dozens of specific marketing and sales recommendations that can be easily and quickly applied to your firm, including:
- The only 7 sure-fire ways to get clients in your door NOW
- Why advertising doesn’t work for most small law firms
- The 7 reasons why people don’t buy from you
- How to market and sell with USP’s (Unique Selling Proposition)
- Using audio logos to attract immediate attention for your business
- Using low-cost, high impact marketing strategies
- Strategies for achieving maximum results from all of your marketing efforts
- How to discover your Ideal Target Market
- 3 critical factors to remember when looking for new clients
- The NEW sales cycle for professional services
- How to retain your best clients
Click here to order your Practice Made Perfect for Lawyers CD set and manual now.