The majority of people who need a lawyer look for one that is close to where they live. This is why local search is so important when it comes to marketing your law firm online. Here are 8 tips you can deploy to ensure your firm shows up well in local search results:
1. Find the right keywords. You must use the same keywords people use when they search online. If you are a divorce attorney in Des Moines, then your main keywords should be: divorce attorney des moines. Also divorce lawyer des moines. Research and use the right keywords for your target market.
2. Optimize your website and content with local terms. Your website should feature your full company name, address, phone number and a geo sitemap to help search engines find you. Your content should also reference your geographic location, but don’t overdo it – loading your content with keywords is a big no-no these days.
4. List your firm on local directories. Tip #3 covers Google, but you also need to get your firm listed on Yahoo Local, Bing and review sites like Yelp and other review websites.
5. Be sure listings are consistent. Use a consistent firm name, address and phone wherever these appear online – on your website, your social media profiles, your blog, etc.
6. Get reviews. Reviews of local businesses are becoming increasingly important in search results, so if you’ve made a client happy with your service, ask them to submit a review or testimonial saying why they loved doing business with you. One thing you should never do is fake a review or testimonial. If they sound too glowing or like you wrote them, it will do much more harm than good.
7. Optimize your social network profiles. Every social media site that your law firm is on should include the firm’s name, address, phone and a link to your website. Remember to keep it consistent across all networks.
8. Optimize for mobile. Be sure your firm website is fully optimized for mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets.
Get More Proven Legal Marketing Strategies FREE from The Rainmaker Institute
One click of your mouse will take you to our website where you can see the current issue and subscribe to our complimentary monthly e-newsletter that will be delivered to your inbox every month.
Each issue is chock-full of legal marketing information you can put to use right away and share with your staff to maximize the effectiveness of your legal marketing plan. Click here now to subscribe to The Rainmaker Institute Law Firm Marketing Newsletter.