I also explained the reasons why Yelp is not a site I would recommend that attorneys use to actively market their practices these days.
Now a little deeper dive into that survey:
Austin-based Software Advice, a consultancy that helps businesses (including law firms) find the right software solutions, recently surveyed a random sample of U.S. adults on which legal review websites they use to look for an attorney and how they use them. The survey garnered a total of 3,465 responses to the following questions:
1. Most trusted website for attorney reviews?
- 61% said Yelp!
- 20% said Martindale-Hubbell
- 10% said Avvo
- 9 % said Super Lawyers
2. Top reasons consumers use online reviews:
- 83% said to “find a new lawyer”
- 9% said to “evaluate existing attorney”
- 8% said to “validate tentative choice”
3. Top information consumers look for in online reviews? (Listed in order of importance)
- Quality of service
- Overall ratings
4. Most important information about quality of service? (Listed in order of importance)
- How well options are explained
- Win/loss record
- Attorney professionalism
- Attorney listening skills
- How quickly cases are settled
5. Most important demographic information? (Listed in order of importance)
- Years of experience
6. Most important administrative information? (Listed in order of importance)
- Resolving payment issues
- Staff friendliness
- Scheduling ease
- Type of office
7. Willingness to commute for better reviews?
- Yes: 70%
- No: 30%
8. Percentage of respondents using online legal reviews?
- Use online legal reviews: 57%
- Don’t use online reviews: 43%
In addition, the survey found that middle-income, urban/suburban consumers were more likely to use online legal reviews, with the highest use occurring in the 25-34 year-old age bracket.
While I would not take this survey as gospel, I do look at it for trends in the kind of information consumers are looking for when searching online for an attorney.
REMINDER: Register for Tomorrow’s FREE Webinar on How to Develop Zealot Clients from Hello!
Join us on Wednesday, June 11, at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT for a free one-hour webinar where you will learn:
- How to quickly cement your relationship with new prospects
- How to control calls and advance the intake without being overbearing or pushy
- How to gain commitment from callers and secure the intake
- A simple naval tactic from the 1800′s and why it is vital to the success of your intake
- The truth about compassion fatigue and how it will impact your conversion
- Simple techniques to improve your tone, voice, inflection and delivery while you’re on the phone with prospective clients
- A linked sequential process to maximize every inquiry opportunity
- And much more!
Who should attend? Intake specialists, receptionists, client liaisons, investigators, attorneys and managing partners who want to learn how to drastically improve conversion through intake.
Register online now for this free one-hour webinar on Wednesday, June 11 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT.
If the time doesn’t work for you, go ahead and register anyway. We’ll send you a recording of the webinar to watch at your convenience.