Every lawyer I know would love to be quoted in the media on an important topic for their practice area. And why not? It usually costs you nothing but a little time, and you get viewed as the expert in your field, in your town.
So how can you become that go-to person for the media?
Learn tips and tricks of the trade from 30-year PR veteran Jana Schilder, who is co-founder of The Legal A Team specializing in public relations for the legal profession, at a free webinar on Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT on How to Get Quoted in the Media on a Shoestring Budget.
Jana was director of marketing and communications at McCarthy Tetrault, Canada’s largest national law firm with 640 lawyers in six offices. She established her own PR consultancy in 2004 and has a proven track record of working with and delivering results to lawyers and law firms.
Sponsored by LawMarketing.com, this one-hour webinar will provide you with tips and strategies that cost little or nothing, and will help you get quoted regularly in the media. You’ll learn how to:
- Understand how reporters, editors and producers think—and how to take advantage of it.
- Introduce yourself to media to start a strong and long-lasting relationship
- Easily find publications that accept an article that you wrote
- Write Op-Ed articles. What are they and how can you write one?
- Write Letters to the Editor that get published
- Leverage community access television
- Leverage satellite radio: hundreds of shows need guest experts
- Come up with the sound bites that editors and producers love
- Network with reporters to cultivate the relationship (Media relations is NOT speed dating!)
- When you get quoted/interviewed, what to do with the clipping/video link
You can register online now for the How to Get Quoted in the Media on a Shoestring Budget webinar on Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT. If you cannot attend, register anyway to receive the free recording of the webinar in its entirety.