Email marketing still remains the #1 way to reach clients and prospects with a branded message. According to the 2014 Pew Internet & American Life Project report, email remains the top use of the Internet across all age groups.
If you don’t already have a regular email marketing campaign in place – like a monthly e-newsletter – here are some tips on creating an effective law firm email marketing program:
- Build a good list at every opportunity – when you get a new client, from your website or blog, or via social media. Give away a free report on a topic of interest to your ideal client to collect email addresses.
- Only send emails to people who have agreed to receive them. Include an opt-out option in every email you send.
- Be sure your content is always relevant to your audience and always include one clear call-to-action.
- Send your email on a consistent basis – a monthly e-newsletter is a perfect example.
- Segment your email list and target your messaging to each unique audience. It takes a little more work, but your results will be better.
- Have a single message/purpose for each email or e-newsletter, with a call-to-action that creates a clear path to interacting with you.
- Keep the “from” name consistent – use your name or the name of your firm.
- Use clear, concise subject lines that make it clear what your email is about. Don’t get too creative – studies show that open rates are much better for straightforward subject lines.
- Be sure to include both a text and an HTML version of your e-newsletter to ensure all your recipients can see it.
- Do not use ALL CAPS or exclamation marks in your emails as these trigger spam filters.
A significant percentage of us now read emails on our smartphones or tablets, so be sure you use an email delivery service like Constant Contact or iContact (two of many) that will help ensure your messages are delivered appropriately.
An “old fashioned” newsletter is still among the most profitable and reliable ways to generate a predictable flow of potential new and recurring clients. Your firm’s newsletter can be inexpensive, reliable…and when done right, a welcomed (not a pesky) form of marketing for your clients.
What if there was an easy and reliable way to get your newsletter done in JUST 45 minutes a month? That’s LESS TIME than it will take you to watch this information-packed webinar, where you will learn:
- Exactly WHY an “old fashioned” newsletter packs such a powerful punch for your marketing dollars.
- A proven strategy for producing a newsletter that will make it fun and easy to make, and keep, your monthly commitment.
- A template you can begin to use right away to produce a monthly newsletter that will get noticed and appreciated.
- An actual case study to help you get your newsletter DONE in less than 20 minutes each month.
- The real world ROI of newsletters as a proven staple of your marketing campaign.
To access the recording of this webinar, just follow this link: The Automatic Newsletter: How to Get Your Newsletter Done in Just 45 Minutes a Month.