1. Take a different approach to a trending topic. The most effective tweets are those that provide a unique take on something that is already trending on Twitter. After you sign in to your Twitter feed, look at the Trends feed on the left of your Twitter home page to see what is trending in real-time. You can customize Trends for your geographical area by clicking Change in your Trends box.
2. Optimize your Twitter profile. Use a photo and remember that Twitter followers tend to follow a person, not a company.
3. Sync your Twitter account with your Facebook and Gmail accountsto find the Twitter accounts of people you know. Then follow them. This will usually get them to follow you back and to share your content.
4. Use lots of photos and video. These get more attention on Twitter.
5. Focus on quality, not quantity. You want people who are interested in you and your legal services so you can use Twitter as another means of forging a more meaningful relationship.
6. Engage with the people who share your contentby sending them a direct message, adding them to your follower list and retweeting some of their tweets.
7. Keep tabs on your Twitter statsso you can see how your marketing strategies are working. The stats will tell you how many people engaged with your tweets, how many clicked on the link, and more useful information.
In addition, keep these best practices for attorneys using Twitter in mind:
- Tweet 4x/day or less
- Use fewer than 100 characters per Tweet
- Follow the 80/20 rule — 80% conversation/20% promotion
- Add links to Tweets to get higher Retweet rates – Tweets containing links get 86% higher Retweet rates
- Make sure the links are clickable by including a space before the URL
- Tweet on the weekends – engagement rates are 17% higher then
- Tweets get more attention if they are posted in the afternoon
- Include hashtags in your Tweets, but no more than 2 per Tweet – Tweets with hashtags get twice the engagement
- Add links to images to increase engagement – Tweets with image links enjoy twice the engagement rate than those without.
- Use the word “Retweet” as a call-to-action to prompt your followers to share – Tweets that ask followers to Retweet receive 12x higher Retweet rates
With more than 302 million active monthly users, Twitter is a major social media network attorneys should not ignore. Twitter can be a highly useful law firm marketing tool for attorneys to promote their blogs and other thought leadership content.
LinkedIn may be the most powerful social media tool for lawyers and litigators!
In my new FREE report —10 Steps to Jumpstart Your LinkedIn Presence & Get More Referrals Fast — I’m going to show you how you can leverage LinkedIn to generate more and better referrals while connecting with clients in 10 simple steps.
What this free report has to offer:
- Strategy: The exact strategy attorneys are using to get referrals from LinkedIn
- SEO: How to optimize your profile for Google and other search engines
- Avoid Common Mistakes: The biggest mistakes lawyers make and how to avoid them
- Increase Profile Views: How participating in one feature can increase your profile views by 400%
- Improve Profile Content: What to include and leave off your profile
- Referral Sources: Where to find the best referral sources on LinkedIn
The ABA estimates over 90% of attorneys already have a profile on LinkedIn, but most of them have no idea of how to tap into the full potential of this powerful platform. To ignore it is the proverbial equivalent of sticking your head in the sand.
Learning how to use LinkedIn to your biggest advantage can take a lot of time and effort, but in this free report I’m going to cut to the chase and give you the exact steps you need to follow to tap into the vast resources on LinkedIn.
Whether you’re new to LinkedIn or you’ve been on it for years, I’m going to share with you the “paint-by-the-numbers” approach I’ve taught to thousands of attorneys who paid thousands of dollars to learn!
So why am I giving this away now for free?
I’m on a mission to double the revenues of 10,000 law firms in the next 5 years and if I’m going to achieve my goal, I need to get the word out fast and in a big way!
By giving you the tools to help you succeed on LinkedIn for free, I believe some of you will want to take the next step towards doubling your revenues and I’ll be the one you turn to for help.
Download your FREE report now on the 10 Steps to Jumpstart Your LinkedIn Presence & Get More Referrals Fast.
I also invite you to connect with me on LinkedIn at: http://rainmaker.mylinkinvitation.com. Want immediate help launching a referral marketing campaign on LinkedIn? Call 888-588-5891.