We see many law firms making the same mistakes on social media over and over again. This discourages them from participating and reaping the true rewards that social media offers — engagement with an audience you may not otherwise reach on a broad scale you could never afford to purchase.
Here are some of the most common social media mistakes lawyers make and over the next few days, I’ll be sharing with you the ways to fix them:
- No social media strategy
- Taking on too many social media platforms at once
- Focusing on follower quantity instead of quality
- Putting too much focus on your firm
- Treating all social media platforms the same
- Ignoring the “social” part of social media
- Neglecting to budget properly for a social media marketing program
Mistake #1: No social media strategy. You should never begin any marketing initiative without outlining a solid strategy and that includes a social media program. When developing a strategy for social media marketing, you need to give serious thought to the “5 W’s and the H”:
Who is your target market
What you want to accomplish
Where you will be participating (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
When you will be posting for maximum benefit
Why you want to use social media
How you will execute and measure your plan
Here are 20 things you need to consider that will ensure you are developing a social media strategy that will actually help you achieve your overall law firm marketing goals:
- The reason you want to participate in social media.
- The overall purpose of your law firm.
- What you hope to achieve with social media.
- What your target market looks like.
- Which social media platforms your target market uses.
- What information is most important to your target market.
- What events are important to your target market.
- What problems you can help your prospects solve.
- The path your prospect takes from search to buy.
- Where social media fits within the purchase path.
- What your brand stands for.
- What tone you should take in your social media posts.
- What emotions you hope elicit through text and visuals.
- What types of content you should post on each platform.
- What types of content best support your marketing mission.
- What resources you have to devote to social media.
- Who should be responsible for running your social media program.
- How often you should post to social media.
- How social media integrates with other aspects of your marketing program.
- How you will define success and measure ROI.
Created and executed correctly, a social media marketing program can help you connect with prospects you may never have found otherwise and drive the engagement on to more richly rewarding places like your blog, website or newsletter. Just don’t start the journey without a map.
LinkedIn may be the most powerful social media tool for lawyers and litigators!
In my new FREE report —10 Steps to Jumpstart Your LinkedIn Presence & Get More Referrals Fast — I’m going to show you how you can leverage LinkedIn to generate more and better referrals while connecting with clients in 10 simple steps.
What this free report has to offer:
- Strategy: The exact strategy attorneys are using to get referrals from LinkedIn
- SEO: How to optimize your profile for Google and other search engines
- Avoid Common Mistakes: The biggest mistakes lawyers make and how to avoid them
- Increase Profile Views: How participating in one feature can increase your profile views by 400%
- Improve Profile Content: What to include and leave off your profile
- Referral Sources: Where to find the best referral sources on LinkedIn
The ABA estimates over 90% of attorneys already have a profile on LinkedIn, but most of them have no idea of how to tap into the full potential of this powerful platform. To ignore it is the proverbial equivalent of sticking your head in the sand.
Learning how to use LinkedIn to your biggest advantage can take a lot of time and effort, but in this free report I’m going to cut to the chase and give you the exact steps you need to follow to tap into the vast resources on LinkedIn.
Whether you’re new to LinkedIn or you’ve been on it for years, I’m going to share with you the “paint-by-the-numbers” approach I’ve taught to thousands of attorneys who paid thousands of dollars to learn!
So why am I giving this away now for free?
I’m on a mission to double the revenues of 10,000 law firms in the next 5 years and if I’m going to achieve my goal, I need to get the word out fast and in a big way!
By giving you the tools to help you succeed on LinkedIn for free, I believe some of you will want to take the next step towards doubling your revenues and I’ll be the one you turn to for help.
Download your FREE report now on the 10 Steps to Jumpstart Your LinkedIn Presence & Get More Referrals Fast.
I also invite you to connect with me on LinkedIn at: http://rainmaker.mylinkinvitation.com. Want immediate help launching a referral marketing campaign on LinkedIn? Call 888-588-5891.