One secret of every highly successful attorney is that they make time to plan for the future of their law firm. Now is the perfect time to evaluate achievements, set new goals and work on the things you need to do to achieve your law firm goals for 2016 and beyond.
Here are some of the areas for you to focus on:
Financial Goals – Don’t just focus on the money; focus on how you will get there. If your average client spends $5,000 with you, you will need 100 clients to make $500,000 this year. That works out to about 2 new clients per week. Unless you want a high volume law practice, you will need to develop a way to up-sell new clients into higher-end services.
Practice Area Goals — How many new estate plans do you want to do in the next 90 days? How many new trials are you willing to take on this year? How many divorces can you handle? If you practice in more than one area, you need to plot specific goals for each practice area.
Marketing Goals – All the top law firms recognize the importance of marketing and business development. You need to set measurable marketing goals. “I will meet with 4 new referral sources every month.” How are you going to meet them? Who is going to set those meetings up? Who will do the follow up?
Strategic Business Goals— This is where you start to think big about your practice. Challenge yourself: how can you come up with another $100,000 this year? How can you go from your current five or six referral sources to 20 or 30 in the next six months?
Personal Goals – Perhaps you need to schedule a vacation for yourself every quarter. Maybe you have an idea for a new business venture. What place does your family, friends or significant other hold in your life?
What gets planned gets done. One of the best ways to plan for the future of your firm and to learn the strategies you need to implement to meet your 2016 goals is by attending one of our Rainmaker Retreats. Here are the dates for upcoming sessions:
- January 15-16, 2016 — Las Vegas, NV/Venetian Casino Resort
- February 10-11, 2016 — Miami, FL/Loews Miami Beach Hotel*
- March 18-19, 2016 — Dallas, TX/Renaissance Dallas Hotel
- May 13-14, 2016 — Atlanta, GA/The Ritz Carlton Buckhead
- June 10-11, 2016 — Boston, MA/Doubletree Suites Cambridge
*This special Wednesday-Thursday Rainmaker Retreat will directly follow the National Trial Lawyers Summit on Feb. 7-9, 2016 at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
Plan ahead and take advantage of the Early Bird pricing, where you can save 30% off the regular price.
If you’d like a preview of what we teach at each Rainmaker Retreat, join me for a free 60-minute webinar that will show you:
- 3 critical areas you must focus on to make this your best year ever!
- Why your law firm is not getting more referrals and how to change it fast
- How to find more clients you love to work with and who consistently pay you on time
- How to select the right marketing tools that will work for your practice and personality
- The most cost effective online and offline marketing strategies for your practice area
- The 5 critical components of a Marketing Action Plan (MAP)
This webinar is scheduled for January 19, January 27 and February 2. You will be able to choose the best date and time that works for you when you register for this free webinar.