Attorneys are paid for their expertise in solving problems. Breaking off little bits of that expertise and posting it on your law firm marketing blog is creating something of value, for which you hope to be compensated for one day (via new clients, industry recognition, etc.).
Which is why it is important that your law firm blog have a strategy behind it and a way to measure results. Your time is money, so you really shouldn’t be wasting either, right?
Here are some tips on building a law firm blog that can deliver qualified leads for your firm:
- Address the interests of your target market. If you’ve been practicing law for awhile, you should already know the problems that face your target market. Each problem becomes a database of ideas from which to draw your blog subject matter. Sprinkle your posts with your insights and experience and you create something of value to potential clients.
- Add other voices. Many of the most popular blogs have multiple authors. If you have partners and associates, ask them to contribute. If it’s just you, seek out other experts — perhaps strategic referral partners like CPAs, accountants, bankers, etc. – who would be willing to contribute to your blog. If you view your blog as a publication for the benefit of your target market, you begin to see more possibilities for adding valuable content from others.
- Include social sharing. In order to grow your law firm marketing blog, you need others to help spread the word, and social sharing is how you enable that process. Be sure your blog has embedded social sharing buttons that let your readers share your posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other sites.
- Capture email addresses. Email is still the #1 marketing tool for lead generation and will help you nurture repeat visitors to your law firm marketing blog. We have a standalone email sign-up form on our blog encouraging visitors to sign up for our monthly email newsletter and you should, too.
One of the secret tools of Internet marketing for attorneys is the power of having a targeted blog. Inbound marketing firm Hubspot released a report based on a marketing benchmark study of 7,000 companies and found that when it comes to blogging:
Companies that blog 15+ times per month get five times more traffic than firms with no blog.
B2B companies that blog at least twice a month get 70% more leads from their websites than firms with no blog.
Companies that increase their blogging from 3-5 times per month to 5-8 times per month almost double their leads.
Here’s what you’ll discover when you read this report:
- 7 ways that blogging can help your law practice
- How to create your blog strategy
- 10 ways to build an audience for your blog
- 4 sources of information for writing blog posts
- And much more!