10 Ways to Get More Eyes on Your Blog
Getting a sustainable source of traffic for your law firm blog is another challenge, and takes a concerted effort over time to build an audience.
Market research tells us that there are some very effective tactics you can use on your website and blog — as well as in your e-newsletter — to get more subscribers for your blog. Here are 10 of them:
- Home Page Opt-in Form. Place at least one opt-in form on your home page in a prominent location that asks readers to sign up.
- Great Offer. Make a compelling offer of a free report or e-book that visitors to your blog can download by providing you with their email address.
- Blog Opt-In Form. Place another opt-in form at the end of each blog post and in the sidebar.
- Dedicated Landing Page. Have a landing page on your site that is dedicated solely to collecting new blog subscribers. This content for this page will be your offer of a free e-book or report and will include a “Subscribe Now” box for your e-newsletter.
- Call-to-Action. Have a crystal-clear call-to-action that gently nudges visitors to sign up.
- Fewer fields. The most successful opt-in forms are those with the fewest fields. Use no more than three — first name, last name and email.
- About Page Opt-In Form. The “About” page is one of the most visited pages, so having an opt-in form on this page can convert some of those visitors to subscribers.
- Popups and Sliders. Having a popup or slide-in form can increase sign-ups significantly.
- Testing. Test headlines and calls-to-action to see which words or phrases resonate with your target audience.
- Social Media. Pitch your blog and e-newsletter to followers on your social media pages.
Some of these will perform better for you than others, so keep testing and tweaking until you strike the right balance that interests your prospects enough to sign up.
Done correctly, your law firm blog can be an engaging online platform that allows you to educate potential prospects, stay connected with clients, show referral sources what you can do, and position yourself as a credible expert to the media.
Bottom line: blogging can be great for your bottom line.
Many attorneys are using social media but they are not using it in a way that allows for engagement, builds relationships and compels people to do business with them.
According to the ABA, over 90% of attorneys are on LinkedIn, but very few of them generate any referrals from it. Facebook is one of the most cost-effective marketing tools, but it’s overlooked by most attorneys.
Join me on Tuesday, April 12 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT for a free webinar especially for attorneys on Leveraging the Power of Social Media.
If you want to get the right answers to your social media marketing questions and discover real-world strategies that work for attorneys in generating and converting leads, learn how by joining this free webinar where you will learn:
- 3 low cost marketing tools for maximizing your results from social media
- The 3 biggest mistakes lawyers make with social media and how to avoid them
- Top 10 steps to jumpstart your referrals on LinkedIn
- Using Facebook to connect with potential clients and referral sources
- How to get qualified leads on Facebook for 90% less than on Google PPC
- How to use content marketing to position yourself as an industry thought leader
- Insider secrets to getting more leads from your blog
You can register online now; registrants will receive a recording of the webinar to watch at their convenience so even if you cannot attend in person, please register to get the free recording.