LinkedIn was founded in 2003, Facebook in 2004 and Twitter in 2006. That means social media has been on the marketing radar for over a decade. Lawyers were late to the party, with many skeptical that social media could add value to their practices.
Today, we know that social media has a lot to offer service businesses that rely on relationship building and trust as the foundation for their growth. Networking that was once done in person has moved online and lawyers are making more connections than they ever dreamed possible.
According to the latest ABA Legal Technology Survey Report, 57% of law firms say they are active on LinkedIn but only 35% are active on Facebook and just 21% on Twitter. That’s a lot of opportunity going to waste!
This infographic from mycase.com breaks down the results from the ABA technology survey and illustrates how attorneys are using social media in 2016:
For solos and small firms, the goal of social media is lead generation and business development, pure and simple. How you get there is by building targeted relationships, providing solid content, and consistently adding value. Attorneys we have worked with at The Rainmaker Institute regularly receive 100-250 new leads every month just from efforts online and via social networking.
Learn about the social networks that will work best for your firm and how to leverage them to get more leads by watching my latest free webinar – Leveraging the Power of Social Media.
During this free one-hour webinar, you will learn:
- 3 low cost marketing tools for maximizing your results from social media
- The 3 biggest mistakes lawyers make with social media and how to avoid them
- Top 10 steps to jumpstart your referrals on LinkedIn
- Using Facebook to connect with potential clients and referral sources
- How to get qualified leads on Facebook for 90% less than on Google PPC
- How to use content marketing to position yourself as an industry thought leader
- Insider secrets to getting more leads from your blog
If you want to discover real-world strategies that work for attorneys when it comes to generating and converting leads using social networks, learn how by watching this free webinar.
Register online now for immediate access to this free one-hour webinar.