I have probably helped more attorneys break the seven-figure barrier in revenues than anyone else. I’m not telling you this to brag, but to share with you the keys to breaking the seven-figure barrier based on my experiences.
Key #3: Identify your ideal target market.
Your ideal target market (ITM) is the person or company who is most likely to retain you initially, repeatedly and at the highest profit margin. No matter what area of practice you are in, you can use these eight questions to help you determine your ideal client. I recommend you answer these questions with as much specificity as you can:
- What does your perfect client look like? (Think in terms of age, profession, gender, education, interests, work, marital status, family size, hobbies and lifestyle.)
- Who can afford your fees? How much can they afford? What’s your value to them?
- Who could be a good long-term, repeat client for your firm?
- What qualities, characteristics and values do they have?
- What are you helping them accomplish?
- What are their issues, challenges or pain?
- Who could be a good source of referrals for these ideal clients?
- Who is NOT your ideal client?
Identifying and targeting the right market is absolutely critical to the success of your law firm marketing plan. If you don’t target the right market, nothing else you do will matter. To be successful in your marketing, you must start with a clear picture of your perfect client.
Several years ago I sat down and wrote one of our most popular eBooks ever: The Top 10 Marketing Mistakes Attorneys Make. Since then, we’ve emailed out thousands of copies by request and I want to believe that it has helped lots of attorneys become better at marketing their law firms. Because we can all learn from mistakes.
I have just finished updating this eBook with what I think is even better information: how to avoid these 10 mistakes! This updated version will teach you:
- How to avoid the top 10 marketing mistakes before they destroy your practice
- 3 tools top Rainmakers use to automatically attract more and better clients
- Specific keys for building a powerful online presence
- How to market and position yourself as a recognized specialist
- The 1 thing you must never do when marketing your law firm
You can get your copy here now.