An aggregation of the most recent research on email marketing from industry sources are worth sharing for the insights they provide to make your email marketing program more effective:
- The average open rate for welcome emails is 50%, making those types of emails highly effective. Whenever someone signs up for anything and provides their email address, an automated welcome email is a no-brainer and a great chance to engage your prospects.
- 53% of email is now opened on a mobile device, so always use responsive design email templates to ensure your emails look great on any screen.
- 80% of people just scan emails, so be sure you have bold headlines for your main subject and engaging graphics.
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than leads that are not nurtured. Having an automated series of emails triggered by time or events can pay off big for you.
- The human finger is approximately 46 pixels square, so be sure your call-to-action buttons are large enough for mobile readers to tap.
- 58% of people check their email first thing in the morning, so send your emails early to increase your open rates.
- The human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text, so choose good images that tell your story.
- People check their mobile phone up to 150 times a day.Using email and social media together can reinforce your message in the places people visit most often.
- iPhones cut off a subject line after 32 characters, so be sure the most important words are at the beginning of your subject line.
- Using white space improves comprehension by 20%,so don’t crowd your content.
- Eye tracking data shows that readers look at the same section of the screen where pictures of people are looking, which makes that area a perfect place to put your call-to-action.
- The #1 reason people unsubscribe is because of too many emails.Use automation to send emails at just the right time instead of blasting emails out with every little piece of news.
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%.
- Email conversion rates are 40 times greater than that of Facebook and Twitter. Use social media to encourage people to sign up for your emails, and then use those emails to convert your browsers into buyers.
- Personalized emails improve click rates by 14% and conversions by 10%.
- People share content they feel will entertain or benefit others. 94% of people consider how what they share will be of use to others before sharing.
Use these stats to improve your email marketing program and you should increase your open and click-thru rates – which in turn will increase the number of qualified leads for your law firm.