Client satisfaction surveys are information gold mines for your law firm, helping you to understand what your client thinks about how you delivered your service, what you could have improved upon, what they actually gained from your service and what they really need from you.
Although this insight is vital, the benefits to client satisfaction surveys don’t stop there. You can use these insights to improve your law firm marketing. For example, by better understanding how your clients find services such as yours, you know more specifically how to promote your services to reach similar clients.
Most people are accustomed to taking online satisfaction surveys, which is an expeditious and inexpensive way to conduct customer satisfaction research. It also doesn’t intrude on your client’s time too much.
Most of the email marketing services have this functionality, so if you are already using Constant Contact or something like it, it is simple to design a survey and send it out to your contact list. You can also use a surveying resource like SurveyMonkey.com that essentially does the same thing.
No matter what format you use, here are some good questions to ask in your survey:
- What was your first impression of the firm? Of your attorney?
- How were you initially treated during your first in-person meeting?
- What do you believe is our biggest strength?
- What do you believe is the area where we need the most improvement?
- Out of the following 5 areas, which ones do you anticipate needing in the next year?
- Were invoices sent out on a regular basis to you?
- Were you ever surprised by the amount on an invoice?
- What are some ways we could better serve you?
- Would you recommend us to your friends or colleagues?
- Are there any other comments, suggestions, complaints, or concerns you would like to voice?
You can also use a survey with current and former clients as a “keep in touch” technique. For example, if you have had an e-newsletter program in place for awhile, create a survey asking your list if they are satisfied with the content, frequency and format, if they have suggestions for future content or other improvements. You may learn a lot through this short query that will help you improve your marketing efforts by learning what your clients value most.
Have you ever failed to use a business growth strategy because you thought it would be too expensive or time consuming?
Are you ready to learn proven strategies that can significantly increase your referrals?
Are you tired of watching your cash flow stagnate or drop month after month?
This 60-minute on-demand webinar will show you five low or no cost marketing strategies specifically for attorneys looking to build a lifestyle law firm.
You will discover simple and effective ways to:
- Convert more prospects into paying clients
- Enhance the client experience in order to build loyalty and referral sources
- Drive more website visitors to take action and call you
- Use third party credibility in a way that compels prospects to hire you
- Implement follow-up strategies to stay in contact with your prospects until they hire you.