Why does marketing matter for law firms? It all comes down to one simple truth: with a physical product, the customer can see it, touch it, taste it or feel it. The senses combine to help the customer decide to make the purchase.
But what does the customer have to go on when purchasing a service? Generally speaking, only your words in various forms of law firm marketing, and the words of your satisfied clients.
Specifically speaking, a service purchase cannot be fully evaluated until after the service has been performed. Unfortunately for the consumer, there are no money-back guarantees on legal representation.
Once you understand these differences, you are in a better position to develop the kinds of marketing strategies that work.
Do not falsely assume a client will use rational parameters to evaluate your services before purchasing. The client is as likely to pick you because of your office décor as any other rational reason.
The average client is ill-equipped to use your credentials, education and experience to evaluate your suitability, mostly because the average client does not see a difference from one lawyer to the next.
The legal services field is intensely competitive and will continue on that path, and consumers are likely to carry on as they always have, choosing attorneys for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with skill.
Therefore, it is very important to effectively market your services in ways that are actually related to the way your typical prospect buys your services.
Every legal research study conducted in the past few years has shown that a majority of consumers use online resources to search for an attorney. They use search engines, visit online legal directories, law firm websites and blogs and use social media sites.
So if you’re not there – if you are not effectively marketing your legal services — you simply do not exist to prospects looking for a lawyer.
If prospects are not finding you, then you need to find your way to a Rainmaker Retreat. Here is what you will learn during this intensive two-day legal marketing seminar:
- Identify Your Ideal Target Market So You Can Retain Ideal Clients
- Increase Client Retention & Referrals So You Can Have a Stream Of Qualified Leads
- Build a Strategic Referral-Based Law Firm
- How To Effectively Stay In Contact With Prospects, Clients And Referral Partners
- Cutting-Edge Lead Conversion Strategies To Increase Revenues
- How To Leverage Social Media to Gain Clients
- Internet Marketing Strategies for Lawyers
- Develop Your Law Firm’s Marketing Action Plan (MAP)
We have three more sessions in 2017:
- October 13-14, 2017 — Dallas, TX/Hyatt Regency North Dallas
- November 10-11, 2017 — New Orleans, LA/Royal Sonesta New Orleans
- December 8-9, 2017 — Los Angeles, CA/The Ritz-Carlton Marina del Rey
You can register online for a Rainmaker Retreat or call 888-588-5891 for more information.