Most people are not aware that YouTube is the world’s third largest search engine, where three billion searches are executed every month (compared to Google at 100 billion and Bing at 26 billion searches per month). YouTube has become so enormous that videos not optimized fully for search likely won’t find an audience.
Online video is a great way for attorneys to connect with prospects on your law firm website and on your social media platforms to effectively demonstrate expertise in your area of practice. But if you don’t take the necessary steps to optimize your videos, you won’t realize the many benefits of video for law firm marketing, including:
- Better search results. According to Forrester Research, websites with video are 53x more likely than traditional websites to be found on the first page of Google search results. (Remember that Google owns YouTube)
- Better retention. Forrester Research found that people retain 58% more with both visual and auditory stimulation.
- More traffic. Forrester Research reports that over 60% of all web traffic comes from online video.
- More likely to buy. People who view a video are 64% more likely to purchase (comScore).
- Found in the C-Suite. 65% of senior executives say they have visited a vendor website after watching a video. 59% say they prefer video to text. (Forbes’ Video in the C-Suite).
- More likely to be shared. Video has the best potential to be shared and go viral compared with other media.
The infographic below gives you actionable steps to take to optimize your law firm’s YouTube videos. It’s especially important for you to add closed captions to your video, since current research shows most videos are watched online with the sound turned off.
For even more tips, click on the image below the infographic to access my free webinar on the Top 10 Ways to Attract New Clients with Legal Video.