BrightLocal, a leading local search marketing company, scoured the profiles of more than 93,000 local businesses across 26 different industries to create their recently released Google Reviews Study.
Law firms are included in the research, and an interactive infographic that BrightLocal included in their report allows you to explore the results for each category as a whole. It’s pretty cool; here’s what the legal category looks like:
A few important insights from this research:
The average number of reviews for businesses that appear in that all-important Google Local 3-Pack (where three local businesses are featured on the first page of search results) is 47. Law firms average only 16 reviews.
The difference in average star rating between businesses that are listed in the 1-3 position in search results vs. those listed in positions 7-10 is only .02 stars.
The average star rating for local businesses across all categories is 4.42; law firms rank right at average:
74% of local businesses have at least one Google review; law firms rank below average at 70%:
It’s clear that law firms have some work to do when it comes to obtaining Google reviews, which in turn helps to increase your local ranking in search results. Our free on-demand webinar will give you the tools you need to do this:
FREE On-Demand Webinar for Attorneys: How to Manage Your Online Reputation
A bad reputation could cost you everything, but this online training course on How to Protect, Build & Leverage Your Online Reputation will cost you nothing!
Take a moment right now and Google yourself. If you don’t like what you see, maybe you need to make more effort to manage your online reputation. And if you don’t have a clue how to do this, then this free online training session is for you!
Here’s what you’ll learn during this free one-hour online training session:
- How to get feedback from 100% of your clients without risking a negative review online.
- How to address both positive and negative reviews online so that both of them bring you business.
- How to use online reviews to beat your competition, no matter what their marketing budget is.
- A proven process for requesting and collecting reviews that will outperform anything you’ve ever tried.
- A series of word-for-word scripts that you can use to build your reputation today.
- The top 5 ways to use your best reviews to boost conversion rate and maximize your marketing ROI.
- How to put little-known best practices to work for you and gain from the experience of thousands of clients who went before you.
This online training event is presented by Michael Veinbergs, CEO of Local Marketing Geeks. Michael is an online marketing expert, a well known speaker and the owner of one of the premier online marketing agencies in the country focused on helping attorneys build their practice. He is a UCSD graduate and a 28-year sales and marketing veteran. He started his first marketing agency in 2009, offering web development, SEO, PPC reputation marketing and more.
Register online now for the free online training on How to Protect, Build & Leverage Your Online Reputation. We’ll send you the link via email and you can share it with your staff and other attorneys in your practice.