A law firm rarely fails for lack of talent. It fails due to a litany of bad business practices, inefficiencies, infighting and hubris, as well as a number of other reasons that have nothing to do with the intelligence or talent of the lawyers themselves.
Being good at practicing law only gives you permission to compete in the marketplace; it is not a competitive advantage. To be successful in the business of law today, you have to offer a true competitive advantage — and more effectively market that advantage and not merely your competency.
Law firms that want to go from survive to thrive have to know how to run their law firm like a business. You need to understand and apply the key principles of business development, operations, management, and law firm marketing every single day.
There are 10 major areas of focus for every successful law firm owner as detailed in the law firm management cheat sheet below. Feel free to download the infographic and keep it for handy reference.
And if you need to improve your proficiency in any of these areas, attend a Rainmaker Retreat. We have the following sessions scheduled for 2019:
- June 21-22, 2019 — Boston, MA/Hyatt Regency Boston
- August 16-17, 2019 — Las Vegas, NV/Aria Resort & Casino
- September 13-14, 2019 — Miami, FL/DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa
- November 8-9, 2019 — New Orleans, LA/International House Hotel
- December 6-7, 2019 — Los Angeles, CA/The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
You can register online or get more information by calling 480-553-8398.